Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OMGOMGOMG!!

I pick up the mail from the receptionist's desk yesterday afternoon, and there was a lot. In fact, I had to take the entire bin up with me. While sorting through it, I lifted a stack of legal sized envelopes and saw a smallish box underneath. Now packages aren't that unusual around here, but then I noticed it was addressed to me.




And then I saw it.

Hong Kong.

/Giggity

I think my nipples got hard.

I left the rest of the mail there to sort itself, and dived into my office.


...


Ye gods.


It's huge.


It's heavy.


It's AWESOME!

(Does NOT do the picture justice)

The rest of the day I spent thumbing through the manual, waiting for it to charge (Yeah, my boss can bite me. I have a NEW TOY, DAMMIT!).

The Engrish was wonderfully bad, and the instructions were vaguely reminiscent of something that might be useful.

(Click on pic for full size)

Ummm, what?

The interface instructions would confuse the non-geeks out there, but who other than nerds would own this?

Me. I would.

And I do.

The troubleshooting section is worth noting as well

As far as I know, this isn't available for retail in the US, so maybe only a handful of these are in this country. That's a weird feeling. All of us in the upper echelon of geekdom.

So the picture is surprisingly clear. I converted and uploaded Spiderman 2, and it was very watchable. (Converted to 160×128 at 20fps, the file size was only 220MB.)

The sound is good, the games on it kinda suck (simply because you have to use the buttons on the side, and they're not very intuitive), and the clock isn't customizable. Other than that, it's beyond my expectations. I'm looking into selling these.

Lillith was having a "need-a-coffee-after-work" kinda day yesterday, so I met her after I got off. She looked at me, saw the kickass gear on my wrist, shook her head, and said, "B, you truly are the KING of all geeks."

She's right, ya know.



/flex

5 comments:

Nicole said...

When you get bored with it, can I hang it on my wall at home to watch Spidey?

Pretty Please!?!

Bluepaintred said...

wow. I want to get one of these for my husband. He would LOVE it. Pls send details!

Diane Mandy said...

Enjoy!!!

Nicole said...

It has been 2 days, just seeing how the limp wrist is working out for you. no pun intended.

XOXO. me

Real Live Lesbian said...

WOWOWOWOWOW! Ima so jearous!