Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Finally! A Post!

Last Friday I babysat Connorman and Princess Toria.

Have I mentioned before how much fun they are?

Anyway, the first thing they wanted to do was play with the 5,368-color playdoh set they had. And of course, the first thing that came out of my mouth, the responsible adult I am was...

"AWESOME!"

I dig playdoh. Well, anything creative gets me jazzed. Especially when I see something like this.

Connorman was off in his own little world creating "a sea creature... with SCALES!" It was pretty kickass imo. He made four of them, all different colors. Funny part about that was that they were all identical. So he would make one, show it to me proudly, ball it up, grab another color, and make ANOTHER one, entirely identical to the last. He would then proceed to show me how he could burp.

Meanwhile, Princess Toria was making all sorts of things, including cookies, a birthday cake (see a trend?), a cat, and varied miscellany. I thought it'd be fun to have a collaborative project, so we talked about making something together. Toria made a suggestion which turned out to be an interesting challenge, so we made...



wait for it...



They wanted to make an "Uncle B" (with Murphy).

/heartswell

Looking at it now, it makes me look like an evil Spock.

But it was still a lot of fun, and Murphy turned out really well.

Later we made paper airplanes, popcorn and we snuggled in a recliner to watch freaky old cartoons.

It was a good night.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a blast. And you do resemble Spock a tad ;)

Where are the family picks.....

And have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!

Diane Mandy said...

HAHAH! That's adorable. Thanks for the laugh.

Fantastagirl said...

That is awesome!