Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Secret Origin Of Satellite Dog!

I broke my dog.

A couple of weeks ago I met Pepper for coffee and took the Murph. We walked around, let him bark at statues, and allow all the little kiddos a chance to pet the sweetest dawg around.

The next day I noticed he was licking his back left paw a lot. I thought nothing of it until I saw him limping a bit. On examination I saw that he had somehow scraped the pad on his foot. I cleaned it up and it didn't look that bad. I decided to let it heal to see what happened. I wrapped it up (the bandage usually stays on him for almost a minute). Boy has feet issues. It got better (as in he was walking around on it just fine) until last weekend. He was okay except for when he was walking in the grass.

Saturday he was fine, we were wrestling and he was running around like the normal lunatic he is. So yesterday I was on my way to Lil's place and he started doing the "tripod" thing. I looked at his foot and he had licked it back to injured. He was one hurtin' cowpoke.

So today, enough was enough. I stopped off and bought an E-collar during lunch. I know he'll be fine if he would just leave the damn thing alone.

I didn't really realize how much it was bothering him until he growled and was doing his junkyard-dog impersonation as I wrapped his foot. Anyone that knows him is aware of how mean he is (totally NOT).

Upon returning to work, he turned from mild-mannered puppy to...


DUM DA DA DUM!

SATELLITE DOG!!!!

Satellite Dog is not amused.

Yeah.

I broke my dog.

BAD DADDY! BAD, BAD DADDY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Murph! You'll be ok. I'll take better care of you. You know you like me better anyway!

Bluepaintred said...

awwww poor pup. however, a nice red cape would look awesome with his coller!

Tenacious B said...

Lil- Shaddap.

SS- No Pooter Doodles. Yet. Maybe when I start traveling.

BRD- I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm trying to get hold of Michael Bay to direct the film adaptation.

Nicole said...

Update your fans on the Murphmeister por favor.