Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Friday, November 30, 2007

On The Lam

I'm a criminal.

That's right, stay away from me or I'll steal you blind.

I stole something last night. Not going to tell you where from as it could be used in court, but it starts with "T" and rhymes with Farget.

I had to pick up some things, most importantly ChaCha's BDay present, which turned out to be (at her request) stuff for Toys For Tots. I don't normally use a basket, because that just invites me to spend way too much.

Now the first thing I picked up was a pair of sunglasses. What happens to the 40,000 pairs I seem to lose each year is a matter for debate at the folks at NASA. But anyway, I pick up some ok ones, and when my hands start filling up, I decide to put the glasses in the buttonhole of my shirt, thinking NOBODY would miss that, especially with the poster-sized tags hanging off of them at odd angles. So I was wandering around the store, my hands full of goodies, none the wiser.

Not only had I forgotten about them, but the cashier missed them as well as the uniformed security guard who held the door open for me as I was leaving.

As I got in the car, I noticed them as I put on my seatbelt and drove away.

And there I was, a criminal who got away from the scene of the crime, a master thief.


The Ill-Gotten Booty
(Or Ill-Booten Gotty)

5 comments:

christelpistol said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... and you didnt turn around in the parking lot to return them?



FOR SHAME.


see also: Karma Hat.

Allie said...

HEY HEY HEY

karma hat was intentional.

just sayin.

Tenacious B said...

Minor karma backlash, but all is well in B's universe...

Fantastagirl said...

there's another way to view this - think of all the times they have rang an item up twice and you haven't noticed, or something like that...

Nicole said...

Coud you go by and grab me a few items?