Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

10 Things I Learned This Weekend

NOTE: I have found it is not only the duty of an über-blogger such as myself to entertain, but it is their responsibility (Yes, responsibility) to inform, to advise, and to educate betwixt all of the boob jokes.

It was a pretty eventful weekend. I cleaned and hauled a couch upstairs that had been previously been ravaged by ChaCha's cats (and yes, it's in my office and does NOT smell like cat pee. My truck on the other hand...). Yesterday afternoon I went over to my friend Lilith's, wine, dog and presents in hand for a wrap party. Today I spent most of the time trying to get those last few gifts so I could be done and finally relax.

So here's what I learned from the past few days...

  1. No matter how much a good idea it seems at the time, foam rubber does NOT belong in the washing machine. Ever.
  2. It takes forever for foam rubber to air dry (I wasn't going to tempt fate with the dryer).
  3. Something that by all accounts appears pure white does NOT mean it's clean.
  4. Don't think you can drink wine and wrap all your gifts.
  5. No matter how careful you are with wrapped gifts, if it is physically possible to punch through the paper with your thumb, you will.
  6. Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to make wrapping paper that you can SEE THROUGH, but not until you're finished wrapping the gift, should be fed to rabid weasels.
  7. No matter how common you think an object is, you will not find it until you have searched at least five stores in different parts of town.
  8. Dogs cannot be trusted when not in the same room. At any time.
  9. Coffee grounds do not vacuum up well.
  10. Neither does dog vomit.
That's it. Other than that, it was a great (yet tiring) weekend.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

I could have told you that about the dog thing...

A wrap party - now that's the thing to have - wish I would have thought of that... I would provide strawberry strippers and margaritas.... what? OJ is good for you - and lime is good for you too.

Tenacious B said...

MMMMMM... Strawberry strippers...

Nicole said...

you have to start the Murph Meister out on double decaf.