Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Support Our Troops... Until Wounded

Soapbox time.
I stumbled across a horrific article about how the military treats our soldiers.

Imagine this...

For sense of duty, honor, or whatever reason, one decides to join the military (BTW:I salute you, as I could never do that). Once you enlist, you receive a $10,000 enlistment bonus. You get assigned to a war zone, conflict area, etc. where you subsequently get wounded and honorably discharged.

Soon after, you get...
a bill from the Pentagon demanding the prorated enlistment bonus back.

Really. THIS is how our government treats the soldiers that have made incredible sacrifices.

I am TOTALLY not making that up.

Click Here to read the story.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

This is wrong on so many levels. I can't believe that our gov't would do this - I hope they get their act together and soon.

Tenacious B said...

Honestly, I can believe it from our government... and that makes me sad.

There is current legislation trying to rectify the situation, so there's hope.

Nicole said...

You can believe I would mail it back to them alright.

All in pennies.

Asswipes.