Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Baby Steps

I've been slacking lately in my life. Procrastinating a lot, standing still and not moving forward. Come to think of it, there's no such thing as standing still. The floor is not level. If you're not moving forward, then you're sliding back. So about a week ago I decided that it was time to start revving my engine, so to speak.

Here are the things I made myself do, and I can already tell that my life is starting to pick up speed again:

  • Write a timeline for the progression of my business.
  • Make a certain appointment I've been putting off.
  • Ask out a cute girl (This wasn't planned, but I did it, dammit!)
  • When I went to the doctor for my latest illness du jour, I asked for a Chantix Rx. So yes, I'm quitting smoking.
  • Take care of a particular financial situation.
  • Actually put in some work.
  • Reactivate my Google Adsense (You should see it up in the next couple of days).
  • Blog about these choices.

This list right now is incomplete, because taking action is addictive. Perhaps the reason why I've been slacking is that I've been looking for BIG actions, and what needed to be done wasn't "significant" enough, so I ended up doing nothing at all. I know that makes no sense, but that's how my mind works.

Anyway, the ball's rolling again.

6 comments:

Allie said...

well done sir.
all of it.
well done.

Bluepaintred said...

holy crap.

I feel really stupid.

The line where you said "ask out a cute girl" made me go WHA??

you're a dude!

I am so freaking dense.

Nicole said...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Fantastagirl said...

LMAO @ bluepaintred...

Looks like a great checklist!

christelpistol said...

red, he's VERY much a dude.

heh heh heh

Tenacious B said...

Thank you all. And CP, no details please...