Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Best Thing Heard Out Of Context Today

Overheard in Whole Foods today...

"The only reason people think you're funny is because of the camel thing."

Later I ended up being in line behind them at checkout, and this was the last thing I heard said before they left... (emphasis mine)

"My cousin and I went swimming- yeah, my identical cousin- and she cut her foot on one of those pulltabs from old beer cans."
"Pulltabs? Those haven't been around since the 70s, right?"
"Yeah, I mean, who drinks 30-year-old beer?"

Don't think about it too much or blood will shoot out of your ears.

8 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

as priceless as "if it hadn't been for my horese...I wouldn't have spent that year in college"...Huh?

Tenacious B said...

Lewis Black FTW!

And yeah, that's EXACTLY what I thought of when I heard it.

christelpistol said...

that made my eye twitch.

Ian Townsend said...

I have heard worse. Remember I live in Muskogee, OK... but it is physically impossible for me to repeat what was said, because I will die of a massive aneurysm and anyone who reads the words will suffer horrible untold pain and suffering.

It's amazing that people so stupid can still function as human beings.

christelpistol said...

i heard THIS yesterday:


how much storage does the 8gig iPhone have?

Ian Townsend said...

seriously?

and what did you reply?

christelpistol said...

"UHHHHH EIGHT GIGS!"

Diane Mandy said...

camel thing??? That certainly has my imagination going!