Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Feeling Halfway Human

Back at work today.

Turns out I had the flu.

Funny thing being under the weather. I was laid up for over four days, sleeping three hours, up for two, lather, rinse, repeat. Occasionally drag my ass out of bed to feed and walk the Poot, only to pass out again.

But something unexpected happened.

I started to miss Jean.

(For those of you just joining us, that's my ex-wife)

I don't normally "miss" her. I appreciate the 6 years we had together, and Love her dearly. But miss? Not really.


Perhaps it was because I wanted someone there to take care of me when I needed it. I was delirious at several points with coughing and fever, yet I had to be self-sustaining. It's not that I needed anyone, because I'm the worst patient ever. But it would have been nice to have someone there.

That's it. I'm not getting sick any more.

Too much hassle.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

you really are horrible. and next time, i wont take no for an answer.

christelpistol said...

DUDE.... why didn't you call me?

Diane Mandy said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Allie said...

dude, why didn't you call the christel?

christelpistol said...

dude, what allie said.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. I had just the thing to make you feel better sooner.

christelpistol said...

WHOA... still with the solicitations...



NICE!

Allie said...

i was gonna offer to fex ex you some egg drop soup . but if you have an offer for a vajayjay.

her offer might be better.
might.

christelpistol said...

unless by "egg drop soup" you mean....


/shudder