Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm A Genius

The past few days I've been pretending to be sick. Pretending so well, in fact that I've been coughing and sneezing so much my chest hurts, and even run a fever. Yeah, I pretend that well.

So last night I was getting cabin fever so bad I was climbing the walls. I said to myself, "Self, Let's get ourselves something warm to drink."

Of course, I ended up going to church. The Church of St. Arbucks, to be exact.

I'm a huge coffee drinker, no surprise there, but I knew better than to have some this time. And honestly, as much as I like tea, I'm NOT a fan of Chai. But I had an idea.

It took them longer to figure out how to ring it up than make it, and it turned out MUCH better than expected. I'm totally going to make this an usual coffee alt.

So here's what I ordered.

Earl Gray Latte
Tell them to overbrew half a medium cup with 2 Earl Gray teabags.
Then proceed the same way they would make a Chai latte.

It was good. Damn good.

So if you're ever at the St. Arbucks on Anderson Lane in Austin, and some hipster barista in a ponytail and goatee offers to make you a "special" creation, you know where he got the idea.

I'm a genius.

It's ok. Everyone knows.

5 comments:

Ian Townsend said...

Genius begets genius.

Glad to see you back on the blog.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Allie said...

well done sir, glad you're feeling better.

Fantastagirl said...

Feel better soon!

I'm just getting into drinking tea - I can't get myself to drink coffee - tastes like mud. Besides it stunts your growth, and at 5'0 I can't risk it! LOL

Tenacious B said...

BPR-Pahleeeeze don't get CP started

Ian & Allie- Thanks! Good to be back

Diane- You have NO idea

FG- I always did like em short

CP- Steamed milk (no foam) plus an espresso shot. Make THAT, and I'll follow you home.


Random fact about me: I always drink my coffee black, but with european teas, always use milk and sugar. Make sense now?

christelpistol said...

there should NOT be espresso in Chai.

WTF are they MAKING over there?