Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

28 Hours and Counting

I'm going on vacation.

Two week's worth.

And I have nothing planned. Not a damn thing.

I wanted to milk all the perks I could out of this place before giving it the proverbial finger, so I scheduled it at the first opportunity. The first two weeks made sense. First of all, with Labor day, it gave me an extra few days. So I don't have to come back until the 18th.

Also, that'll give me the day off on my birthday. That's right. Another one is coming up. For you geeks out there, I'm turning 24 (in hexadecimal, of course). That really depressed me. Not because I'm getting older. As a matter of fact, after the fiasco that was my 30th birthday my birthdays have been great. Wonderful. A hoot. No, instead I realized that this will be the second birthday in a row that I will spend alone. Not alone literally, but alone as in not in a relationship. There's something wonderful about spending the day (MY day) with that someone special. ChaCha and I first met in person two days after my last one, and now I'm sans girlfriend at this time as well. (For the sake of readers who happen to BE ChaCha, that's not a crack). But yeah.

Anyway, back to my vaca. I have some minor things to do, but nothing to encompass two and a half weeks. My class is on Sunday, there's job hunting to be done, blog posts to be finished, and my windshield needs to be replaced. If I'm really desperate, I can go on a business trip on the 7th.

The problem with the vaca is the same as the issue with my birthday. I WANT to go somewhere, do things, travel... but I don't want to do it by myself. Even camping isn't nearly as fun alone.

/shrug

I guess I'll play it by ear.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You could always come over and swim with Andrew and I.
-Me

OR

We could swap manly stories and in the morning, I'll make waffles.
-Donkey

Fantastagirl said...

I hope you find something fun to do - and someone to do it with it!

christelpistol said...

OMG. i read that so wrong.

the last part was "i guess i'll go camping and play with a bear."




dry contacts FTL.