Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Catching up

Just to let you guys in on what's going on in my life...

I took a business trip on the 19th, and that was the last one so far. Only one more to go! err...hopefully.

Anyway, this was one I was actually excited about, because it was to where I went to college (the first time). It was so fascinating to head back to where I lived for almost six years when I was young. Reminiscent of my youth, I guess you could say. I was told I should just drive up the morning of the meeting, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out my old digs/haunts.

I tried to contact The R.A., one of my oldest and dearest friends. Last I heard he was manager of a place where I used to work. Mr. Mcguillicutty, currently MIA, is truly my best friend in the world. But The R.A. is the one that knows more about me, the one that we did quite a few notorius (i.e. borderline illegal) things together. He's the kind of friend you would have no problems with, and almost expect to be thrown in jail because of. I called the place, and they never. heard. of. him. My heart dropped. I'm sure he was still with the corporation, so
I looked it up and called. They wouldn't tell me. I called back on the 800 number, put on a accent (Pakistani, FTR) and called back to "verify employment." Thank Gawd for US Labor Laws. All you need is a name. He still works for them, but they wouldn't tell me where. Looks like I'm going to have to hire Magnum PI to find him. Maybe he'll do a two-for-one and find Mr. McGuillicutty while he's at it.

I ended up doing some barhopping anyway. I hit the bar that I pretty much lived at from age 18-24, and stopped off at two others where I used to work. I felt kinda old (in the latter two I was definitely the oldest one there), but it made me feel youngER. Sort of a "Reliving your youth" moment. Felt good.

The following weekend was the moment I've been waiting for. I turned off my phone, refused to go in to work, and did... NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. For the first time in almost two months I sat on my ass. I napped a lot, did NOT clean, did NOT work, did NOT blog (but y'all know that). It was awesome.

TBC...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this may be the first time I knew something before you posted it. Hot Damn!!

christelpistol said...

that's funny, Anon.



and i loved the call while you were looking for the one bar with the shrimps...