Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

CBD #1

I went out on my first Cah-Razy Blind Date last night.

And it was fun. Julia was surprisingly attractive and really fun to talk to. We had drinks (quite a few) and talked about politics, religion, fingernails, why everyone should have a "gay" and random tidbits. Three hours later, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.


10 things I learned from last night.

  1. When a girl mentions, "I expect for the guy to pay for dinner/drinks," it usually means that she can pound them back.
  2. And her drink of choice isn't cheap either.
  3. When going on these, don't have any preconceived notions. It'll only freak you out.
  4. Go dutch. Period. State that up front.
  5. I'm beginning to think that I attract women who's dog recently died (That's 3 for 3, whoever's keeping score).
  6. I CAN be on time occasionally (You can stop fainting).
  7. Your friends WILL check in, just to make sure you're not chopped up into 37 pieces.
  8. Eat beforehand.
  9. I spent most of the night mentally playing the compare/contrast game. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
  10. Choose a good place, which I fortunately did. Not too crowded, where we could spend 3 hours talking without being shooed away.

The thing about paying for a date. I want to go on record as saying I don't mind at all. I'm not cheap. Not rich either. My momma taught me right, and I think the guy should normally pay for the first date.

COMMA

Dating is expensive for the guy, and these are blind dates. It's not like I met someone who I KNOW I'd like to spend some time with, and asked her out properly. Not all of us are capable of going out four times a week and plopping down 70 bucks on a bar tab (I wish I was making that up). I started to think that she goes on these (according to her, quite a few) to keep her in Jack Daniels. Just sayin.

But it was fun, and I got to meet someone new.

Yay.

4 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

$70 for a bar tab? Wow... it's been a since I've been dating. I'm thinking "dutch" is the way to go.

I'm guessing she could hold her liquor, at least I hope so.

Tenacious B said...

if you think about it, she has a nice racket going. Go on 3 dates a week and drink for free all night.

Nicole said...

I'm thinking pay backs... Doesn't she at least owe you that?

Tenacious B said...

SS- you thinking what I'm thinking?

Exactly.