Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Myth, The Legend

Had a hot date on Saturday with Pepper (and yes, that IS what I'm going to call you here. /snicker).

Ok, not really a "date," because she just stopped by. No dinner, just wine, wonderful conversation and smoochin. Plus, she got to meet the Poot.

I went out with her for the first time on Thursday, and "meeting for coffee" turned into a seven-hour conversation. Plus, she's pretty hawt. I didn't write about that date, as I wasn't sure if she was completely insane at that point.

(She's not. Not completely.)

I like her. Not picking out wallpaper yet, but I like her. Enough that I gave her...
this blog address. That's like a geek promise ring, I know. But it's done. I stand by my decision.

But she did send me two texts yesterday that made me smile, and then caused me to trip over my feet a little.

"Yo! Fun blog :) being the narcissist that i am sometimes (i hide it well) i was hoping to see a post with a little somethin-somethin about yours truly."

and then shortly after:

"or maybe its better left out. Tough to top the legend known as ChaCha!"

Wow. I know she was joking, but that stung. Some of you know I haven't been speaking to her lately, which made the bite worse. And also, it's not that Pepper isn't aware of my history with ChaCha. In fact, we had a discussion about her and at some point I said, "Pepper, meet baggage. Baggage, meet Pepper."

It's not that I'm apologetic for my feelings towards ChaCha. I'm totally not. She's an amazing woman, I'm happy for the memories we had and I'm glad to have her in my life. Maybe it's that since I haven't really blogged about her in a while, and I didn't think there was still so many spotlights on those feelings.

I guess the knock from that text was because I've been mad at her. I hate being mad at anyone, in particular someone I care for so much (and ChaCha, if you read this... I'm over it). But also I didn't want big flashing neon signs pointing at my feelings for her. Especially apparent to a cute girl that I like spending time with.

...

Pepper, I had a really great time with you, and I hope I can see you soon.

Besides, Murphy kinda misses you.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

That's it - use the dog to get her to come back...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nicole said...

Jesus can not compete with ChaCha.

Pepper will soon figure that out after your the 3rd or 4th epiphany.

You are Fabuloso, minus the baggage, know that!