Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Update

I've gotten so many emails from readers asking "Where the hell are you?" and things to that effect.

Short answer: Busy. But that's a lie.

I took an unscheduled break from blogging for a little bit, both writing and reading (to the people that I feed, I'll catch up soon); mostly because I was in limbo for a while. Minor crises averted, love won and lost, business trips, WoW played, work being... well, work.

I have been doing a lot of writing though, just not here. I completed another journal, and as my tradition, I set it ablaze. A lot of people don't understand why I do that, and it's difficult to explain. Most of my innermost thoughts, feelings, ambitions, the stuff closest to my heart go in that journal. In it I make all the words to the universe. Then, when the notebook is filled after a month or so, I buy another 100-page spiral notebook. After the first words hit the page, I literally set fire to the old one, with no pomp or circumstance. Perhaps the best way to explain it is a rebirth on a monthly basis. Wiping the slate clean. After that, my words are new. Ok, maybe it doesn't make sense, especially since because of my memory issues I usually have no idea what I wrote. But it makes me feel better to move forward.

So what's been going on...

I started dating someone, and then less than two weeks later it was over. Nothing serious, she was just moving WAY too fast for my comfort level. We did have a lot in common, and I did enjoy talking on the phone until my battery died. But when I started feeling guilty about not responding to the scores of email, IM, texts, and calls I received, I knew it was an issue. So I ended it before I started to not like her.

Murphy's doing okay, sort of. Well, HE'S doing great, but someone moved in next door to me with two dogs of her own, and Murphy has long conversations with them through the wall at all hours of the night. In my new neighbor's defense, she's really attractive. It's funny what you can get away with when you're smokin hot.

My cough is finally gone. So is the Nyquil. I am back to 100% (well, 95%).

I had a financial hiccup recently. Nothing life-altering, but it's something that'll take some time to get out of.

Those are the main things going on. More to come soon.

And thanks for being patient.

6 comments:

christelpistol said...

like i told you last night... you are QUITE a catch. do you blame her for wanting ALL OF it?


and so glad you are feeling better.


and as for the neighbor... i think it's time for the old game of, "Can i borrow a cup of sugar and perhaps put my penis inside you?"

Nicole said...

I THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I AM THINKING...

Tenacious B said...

Speaking of, you shoulda read her response to the "Good luck finding that someone" email I sent her.

And SS, maybe, but I'm not sure.

christelpistol said...

/pembar

Diane Mandy said...

Funny, My husband, Max, initially broke up with me (via text message) after 2 weeks for the same reasons you listed. He said I seemed too interested in a relationship and he didn't want that kind of pressure. I thought it was an odd thing to say (because I really liked being single), but let it go and moved on. We stayed casual acquaintances. Forward 6 months and something inside him changed. He was ready and looked my way again. Two years later and it's still happily ever after.

I'm just sayin, you just never know...

Tenacious B said...

Diane,

I get that, but to tell you the truth, it was almost scary-stalkerish.