Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Monday, October 1, 2007

10° Off

I'm off today.

Not in a bad mood, not depressed, not wonderful, not angry...

Just off.

Ever have one of those days?

(And anyone that makes a "case of the Mondays" remark shall be strung up by their ears and given a stern talking to)

It started before I woke up, actually. I had a couple of dreams which I think started the whole snowball. One was okay, and the other one was so out in left field I'm STILL wondering where that came from.

In any aspect, I woke up a bit early, plodded around for a bit. I could've made it to work on time (for once) but I decided to go grab coffee first, and sauntered into work at about 8:30.

Then the fun began. Here are the highlights...

First I get a visit from T, one of the few coworkers I get along with. He tells me that his apartment complex just called to let him know that the locks on his door were changed, as requested. He got the call by accident. He's living with his girlfriend, and apparently she broke up with him. Kinda subtle, if you ask me. Anyway, he's not on the lease, but is listed as a secondary contact. When they couldn't get hold of her, they called him. So I got to listen to this harrowing tale...

Then I get a text from ChaCha, telling me "Happy October" and reminding me it has been almost a year since my divorce was final.

Then as if today was scripted by the Gods of Bathos, Jean called. She let me know that she (and Murphy) were in a bad car accident Sunday. They're fine, but she wanted to know if I wanted to take Murphy for a bit. Now, I had made my decision (see here for the Doggie Wars), but because of the situation, it wasn't the right time to bring it up.

Mind you, all of this happened BEFORE LUNCH.

In all this I've tried to work. Really. But no matter how long I stare at a column of numbers, nothing sinks in. I attempted to work on my resume, but in 45 minutes added two words. See a trend?

I started this day three weeks ago, so these last 30 minutes should get me out of here by, oh, Thursday.

Some days I want a takeback. Where's the damn reset button when you need it?

8 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

There are days when I would kill for a pause button. But you really need a rewind.

christelpistol said...

the RESET button is right next to the "More Scotch, Please" button. which is adjacent to the "Hot Naked Girls" button.

but that's all on the remote that lies caddy-corner from the one with the "Blowjob and Foot Massage" button.


and usually that one is always out of batteries.

Nicole said...

She knew you well =)

Thank goodness you don't need THAT remote anymore.

christelpistol said...

KNOWS*

Nicole said...

It's like KNOWING you love PB and after eating the entire jar; you KNEW you were allergic.

Tenacious B said...

Now, now...

be nice

Tenacious B said...

And BTW, I lose my remotes almost as much as I lose my car keys, so if anyone's seen EITHER of those remotes let me know.

Nicole said...

BTW, I was being nice.

Even you KNOW that.

And one of those remotes has been in my back seat for the longest...