Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Busy Weekend

I spent yesterday shopping with a friend. I was invited to a get-together after, but was beat and the only thing I felt like doing was kicking back. Besides, I wouldn't have known anyone else there and I get kinda chatty when drinking. So I ended up taking a nap and then watching Superfriends. It's odd seeing it on a big tv. Growing up, we had a 25" console with bad reception. You've come a long way, baby.

~~~~~~~~~

Then this morning I went to San Antonio, and spent it with a couple of cuties.

That's right, I saw my folks. They are still one of the cutest couples I've ever seen.

And it was a great visit.

I went down there because my Dad had a birthday this past week, and I HAD to drop off his goodies to him personally. He's getting up there. Or, as he put it, "One day I was 71, the next day I was 72, and this morning I felt like I was 83."

Did I mention he was cute?

Anyway, this was a REALLY good visit. No judging, they were so excited to see me, and we talked a lot about nothing. Oh sure, we talked about religion a bit which is always a tense situation, but they were more relaxed about it this time.

Anyway, I got him some reference books and a nature DVD set. That might not sound like a very personable gift, but trust me, he will get more enjoyment out of those than anything else.

After all, I'm just like him.

It's odd thinking that he was my age when I was born, the last of 3. And I'm still thinking about my first. I suppose I need at least a girlfriend first. :)

Do guys have biological clocks?


Regardless, Happy Birthday Dad.
I am who I am because of you.
I Love you.

3 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!

I love to see older married couples, gives me hope that mine can and will last that long. Especially ones that still love each other.

Tenacious B said...

41 years and still going...

Take that, Energizer bunny!

Nicole said...

Rock on mom and dad! And to think, I have only been married 8 and already use the energizer bunny.