Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Working Doggies

I just got in from my volunteer orientation at Texas Hearing and Service Dogs.

Yes, another volunteer gig. So sue me.

It was a blast. Not because I was one of only two guys there (and the only one under sixty), but because this is a cause I really believe in. There aren't that many organizations that train service dogs for deaf/hard of hearing, and they also train "special needs" dogs for people that have physical impairments. In addition, they only use dogs rescued from shelters.

They're making a difference, and I really respect what they do.

So on that note, here's a shameless plug...
If you're looking for a worthwhile organization to give to, contact them through their website here.

In addition, if you have kids under 10, and are in Central Texas on Oct 27th, they're having a Halloween festival with fun, games, treats, and you might see some puppies too! I'm signing up to work it, so I'll see you there!


3 comments:

christelpistol said...

if i'm off on the 27th i want to help.

Tenacious B said...

Then you shoulda been there yesterday. All volunteers have to go through the orientation. I mentioned it to you a few dozens times...

Hence "volunteer orientation"

Nicole said...

I think you need a service dog to show you the way to Buster.

So what are you gonna dress up as?