Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Promises

Promises are very important to me. Normally I wake up every morning and instead of goals for the day, I make a list of promises. There's power in that. You make a commitment to yourself. It's the difference between "I want to" and "I must."

As I was looking at my promises for today, I came to the conclusion that they were small and insignificant in my life. The "pay bills," "work on my business plan" stuff is nothing. So I sat down and wrote another set.


To my family:

I PROMISE...

  • to thank you for helping me be the person I am today.
  • to return the love and support you have given me.
  • to forgive the things that hurt me.
  • to recognize the wonderful things about you I see in me.
  • to hug you often.
  • to make you proud.
  • to make you an important part of my life.


To my friends:

I PROMISE...

  • to not lose touch.
  • to appreciate the time we share together.
  • to make time for you.
  • to be there when you need me.
  • to not be there when you don't.
  • to make you laugh when you need it most.
  • to be your shoulder when you need it most.
  • to be the one you can always count on.
  • to not judge you for being who you are.


To my future Love:

I PROMISE...

  • to hold your hand.
  • to always kiss you goodnight.
  • to always kiss you goodbye.
  • to make you feel loved.
  • to forgive you when you hurt me.
  • to apologize when I hurt you.
  • to cherish the moments we share.
  • to Love you completely, without compromise.
  • to remind you how important you are to me.


To my future children:

I PROMISE...

  • to help you experience new things.
  • to play when possible.
  • to support and encourage your dreams.
  • to say yes when needed.
  • to say no when needed.
  • to help you love to learn.
  • to look through your eyes in wonder.
  • to tuck you in at night.
  • to listen to what you have to say.
  • to teach you to give.
  • to be a role model.


To myself:

I PROMISE...

  • to laugh often.
  • to make every day more exceptional than the last.
  • to Love as if I've never been hurt before.
  • to leave the world better than I found it.
  • to make a difference.
  • to question.
  • to learn something about everything.
  • to learn everything about something.
  • to learn something new each day.
  • to live with passion.
  • to cherish those who matter most.
  • to remember the things that matter.
  • to forget things that don't.
  • to Love unconditionally.
  • to forgive constantly.

  • to keep my promises.

4 comments:

christelpistol said...

and i promise to love you for who you are and all that you do.

Fantastagirl said...

What a great list of promises -

Nicole said...

I promise to never make a promise I can not keep.

Anonymous said...

Promises Promises