Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Doggie Wars- Round 3

I've received several emails over the last couple of weeks asking about my choice for roommate...

And here it is (kinda).

I've decided to adopt.

It's not that I don't want Murphy, not that I don't Love him dearly, not that I wouldn't dig having that little shit around.

But I decided to adopt a new puppy for a few reasons. First of all, as I mentioned before, Murph has a good home already. Secondly, I know for a fact that it's always difficult to get the older dogs adopted, and they deserve a home just as much as the puppies. Also, Murphy would be a constant reminder of my failed marriage (I know that's a shitty reason to admit, but it's there). And finally, my life right now is all about fresh starts, and we can both start anew.

SIDE NOTE: I spoke with the matchmaker at the rescue organization, and Shadow's doing wonderfully. He's in a family with kids, and is happy in his new digs. He's having the time of his life.


Now when I was talking with the matchmaker, we spoke about Buster (the one I mentioned earlier), and she also told me a little about another guy that needs a home. He's ten as well.

So here are the current contestants:
(Click on the name to see the profile. Included are some notes from the foster reports)

Our Returning Champion
"Buster"

Foster notes:

Left Alone Comments: Left free to roam starting 2 days ago-doing really well-even sleeps outside of the crate and still sleeps through the night.
Children Comments: "tested" him on a really active 10 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy-they loved him and he was great with them-they left here wanting to adopt him (they have a 3 yr old female Labradoodle)
Dog Jumps: some-but calms down quickly
Naughty_Funny_Habits: Last night I heard a commotion in the kitchen. When I went to investigate, Buster was laying there with a bag of "high value" treats (Roll-A-Rounds) between his paws and Maggie (our 2 yr old Golden) was trying to get them from him-I'm sure Maggie was upset with herself for not taking the opportunity to shop for treats like Buster had.


The Contender:
"Homer"


Foster Notes:
Cats: Homer is doing much better with the cat, at least the one who is willing to come out. He's reached the point where he'll mostly ignore the cat as long as the cat isn't spooked and starts hissing and lashing out.
Leash: He still likes to take himself for a walk by grabbing the leash. He also barks quite a bit and gets very excited when he knows we're going for a walk. But once we're on the way, he's a good boy.
Swim?: Homer thinks Red Bud Isle is the greatest ! He had his first swim to go after a ball. The problem then became getting him out of the water because he thought that every ball that someone threw was just for him.
Energy/Activity level: He should be called "Happy Homer" because he's so good-natured.
Brags: If you're standing up, he likes to get between your legs so you can scratch his back.

2 comments:

christelpistol said...

first off... LABRADOOOOODLE!!!!!!


and then... it sounds as though Buster has more personality. but seriously... you could have a dawg named HOMER!?!?!?!

tough choice. but those Doodle faces are hard to pick from. you know me... i say BOTH!

Nicole said...

Ask the doggies.

They deserve a say.

Arranged marriages are for the birds.