Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Five-Day Business Trip: Day #3

Things I've learned on this trip:

  • There is NO way to smoothly traverse Houston. I'm starting to believe that the majority of the two million people that live there are paid to get in their cars and find what road I'm on. They get their bonuses based on whether they can cut me off.
  • Being alone with your thoughts for hours on end is not necessarily a good thing. Especially when you're tired. Those little voices in my head that usually have some pretty good ideas are now making evil choices... Don't ask.
  • There are times to ignore those voices.
  • Maps are good. 'Nuff said.
  • After two hours in a car there will be a heated, borderline violent debate on something meaningless. This applies even if you're driving alone.
  • The radio is evil. I've mentioned that before. It will find some obscure thought or emotion rattling in your head and play some song to feed that into a frenzy.
  • Texas is really beautiful. It does get hard to see that after a while. I made myself a note that's on my steering wheel. It says simply, "look around."
  • It gets lonely out there.
  • I miss being home.
  • I am SO working on my business after this season.
  • Jacuzzis are nice.
  • Take a voice recorder with you on long trips. It comes in handy.
  • Take directions with you on long trips. It comes in handy.
  • You can recreate yourself when by yourself.
  • But sleep on it first.

No comments: