Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Five-Day Business Trip: Day #4

Most people don't believe me when I say that I am Murphy's Law incarnate, that strange things happen to me routinely, almost expectedly.

Others that have known me for a while smile and nod their heads. They know.

I'm in a conference with one of the first people this morning at about 9. I wasn't able to hook up my computer in this particular room, so occasionally I have to get up and go to another room to use my co-worker's laptop. On the second trip of the sort, I felt something poke me and then my ass fell out of my slacks.

The office chair I was sitting in had a staple hanging off. Apparently my pants snagged it and ripped an 8 inch gash down, all down my left cheek.

(To certain people that shall remain nameless: Yes, and Thank Gawd)

So the rest of the day, including lunch, I had to wear my blazer. My wool blazer.
Did I forget to mention that the A/C in this building had been out the last three days?
Not to mention the fact that I rode in with someone from the hotel, so I had no transport.

Another thing I have learned from this trip:

  • Wool suit+ 92° + embarrassment = Sweat.

Lots of it.

Gallons.

I could grow rice.

So when the ladies in the office (that normally seen to view me as eye-candy) see me, they're saying, "You MUST be hot. Take off that jacket."
"Err, no. That's ok. I'm actually a little chilly," as I almost squish as I walk back to the office.


Welcome to my world.

5 comments:

Allie said...

the yes and thank god part - does that mean that you didn't wear ladies panties today and opted for the manly variety?

just wonderin.

Fantastagirl said...

I'm so sorry - but this totally made me laugh - I think we might be related - as Murphy is my uncle as well.... I hate the man somedays.

Anonymous said...

SMILE AND NOD...

christelpistol said...

MANTIES FTMFW!!!



and i would have paid cash money to have witnessed that.

Tenacious B said...

FG- You get used to this kind of luck after a few decades...

And Allie- Don't knock it. They make me feel pretty.