Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

¡Español de discurso mientras que está bebido!

OK, so one of my current goals was to learn another language. I figured I can do that via podcast while driving, and decided on Spanish. First of all I live in Texas; and secondly, ChaCha speaks it already.

I found some free ones, and Coffee Break Spanish came recommended. After listening to the first podcast, my brain tried to flip over itself and exit through my ears. Don't get me wrong. It's a good lesson, fun to listen to.

BUT...

I think it'll be interesting as a Texan speaking Spanish taught by Scotts. You heard me. The two on the podcast speak in a VERY strong Scottish accent. It seems to be a really good training lesson, but we'll see how long it takes for me to speak Spanish without getting laughed at, if at all.

This should prove interesting...

BTW, you can see for yourself by downloading the lessons here.

No comments: