Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Goatee Saga

I'm trying to grow facial hair. Don't ask me why. I just got an itch to try again. I think it had to do with one day a few months ago when ChaCha mentioned I'd look good with one; But it might have something to do with the fact that I've never been able to before. That's right. I'm not the guy with a five-o'clock shadow. Hell, I barely have a shadow at five DAYS. I normally shave twice a week. Read that again. A WEEK.

So I'm trying again. I remember when I tried to grow a moustache in college. It wasn't happening, so I called my Dad, who has the same growth rate as me (translated: none). I remembered he had one during the 80's, along with half of the male US population. I asked him how long it took for him to actually grow it out. A few months. Not the answer I was looking for. But he did tell me that he hated it. It had just taken him so long to grow it out that he didn't have the heart to shave it off.

My dad. Love him.

The process has begun. It's been almost two weeks now, and I've already shaped it. The beginning of a decent Vandyke. A bit scraggly, perhaps, and a bit more gray in there than I'd like, but decent nonetheless.

But the moment of truth is tonight. I'm seeing ChaCha and she will decide. Honestly, I could go one way or the other. I as of yet have not developed a relationship with it, so if she doesn't like it, then it's gone.

3 comments:

christelpistol said...

HAHAHAHA, i SO read that wrong.


"if she doesn't like me, then i'm gone"



wow. you give that girl a lot of power.

Tenacious B said...

pshaw.

So far, so good.

Anonymous said...

Step 1. Grow moustache. Step 2. Share it proudly and immortalize it at www.moustachefight.com . Mark my words, the moustache is sailing back into cooltown.