Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Vicodin, take me away...

Ouch.

The pain has hit me in full force. Let this be a lesson to everyone. Go see your dentist regularly. When Captain Hook was elbow-deep in my mouth yesterday, he was doing what he described to another hygenist (or assistant, or janitor; I never caught what his exact title was) as "scaling under the gum, hitting bone," which meant using an angle grinder to find the pain resonance of my jaw. He found it, BTW. And this was while he was saying that I DID take good care of my teeth. Heaven help me if there was anything actually wrong with them. So yeah. I'll be going to get the cleaning done a bit more often. "You haven't been in a while... you must be punished."

My gums are still bleeding, and the entire right side of my head is one big ouch. In all fairness, it wasn't really that bad during. They shot so much novocaine into me that they could have been setting off fireworks from my bicuspids and I would have been none the wiser.

What made it worse was that there was a huge screwup yesterday at work, and after my appointment I had to go back to save my own ass from someone else's mistake. I didn't get out of there until almost 11.

I'll be counting the hours until 5pm, when I can start popping pain pills by the handful.

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

COMEDY GOLD:

setting off fireworks from my bicuspids and I would have been none the wiser.


feel better.
tequila helps.