Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Best. Weekend. Ever.

We made it the whole weekend without even a minor annoyance with one another. To be fair, I can only speak for myownself. ChaCha did kick me out Sunday afternoon, which I get. We were both pretty exhausted from the traveling and the gorging and the drinking and and and. So decompression was needed on both sides.

Friday night was probably my favorite part. We went to Wally World and bought Tupperware chairs for her barren patio. Wal-Mart to me is a lot like Dennys. You can get what you need for a reasonable price, and you always feel better about yourself after leaving. It's sort of like watching Jerry Springer. No matter how bad a life you have, you're not one of those people. If you are the sort of person to get dressed up for Dennys or Wal-Mart, you are one of those people, and you really should set your standards higher. Anyway, we just bought chairs and olives yet still spent about 45 min running up and down the aisles, especially when we were around the toy section. Two people with ADD trying to walk by shiny things. Not pretty.

Once we got back we set up the chairs, made martinis and talked. And talked. And talked some more. Oh, yeah, we stopped to talk.

I LOVE our conversations.

The next morning after coffee and smooching we headed out to Fredericksburg for some shopping and beer. Well, a couple of beers. We weren't really in a drinking mood, after all the sloshiness from the prior evening. Surprisingly, we only stayed a couple of hours. But we did do a lot of window shopping and more talking. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed walking hand in hand with that gorgeous lady.

PLUS...

she got a pirate hat. Let me say that again. SHE GOT A PIRATE HAT. And wore it the rest of the day. In public. Voluntarily. How awesome is that?

We headed back and stopped off in Johnson City at this dive that claimed "The World's Best Chicken-Fried Steak" ("Over 3 Dozen Served" I shit you not. That was on the building).

It wasn't. Pretty decent, but not the best.

After getting back to her place, we sat down and watched about 5 hours of Coupling, one of my all-time favorite shows. If you want to check it out, in the Amazon search below type "BBC Coupling" for the DVDs. TOTALLY worth it. British comedy at its finest.

More beer, more snuggling.

Yesterday morning, after more of the smooching she made coffee and I made breakfast. Loads of bacony goodness. More Coupling, more smooching. There was a slight hiccup when ChaCha found out that Roger Clemens signed for a year contract with the Yanks, but that wasn't enough to ruin our weekend. More beer. More talking. Then she kicked me out.

Best.

Weekend.

Ever.


P.S. ChaCha....


You know.

No comments: