Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Playing Hooky

Note to my employers: If I call in sick, I'm not. If I am sick, I'll go in and make you send me home.


I decided to call in today. All the extra hours and piles of work have reached critical mass and I just wasn't feeling it. I do know that I'll have to work extra to make up for it later, but this will give me time to decompress on all the things going on in my life.

So I woke up around 7, and decided to make the call immediately. My boss sometimes comes in at 7:30ish, so it was then or never. So I called his voicemail, put on my best "at death's door" voice, and told him I might come in this afternoon if I'm feeling up to it. But of course I won't.

I always thought it was funny how we all create a "sick voice" to call in with. Even when we are sick, we put up that same voice. My normal one is a scratchy, weak whisper.


Regardless, I'm using this day to think about some things, make some decisions, make some plans, forget about certain things, and be.

No comments: