Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Friday, May 4, 2007

My busy season has begun

Hi all!

Work has been incredibly busy, and I haven't been able this past week to slack off and write.

I think I may have finally realized that the largest opponent in our lives isn't negativity, or failure, or even bad luck.

It's getting caught up in other things, getting distracted. Kinda easy for someone as ADD as myself. As Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans." I've neglected so much of my life in the past week, all for the sake of work.

Thinking of it now, I realize how stupid that is.

What's more important than spending time on my goals, or with ChaCha, or with my readers? Certainly not work. Of course there's a certain responsibility that goes with life. But at what cost?

I learned something today. This is my own Dragon, and it must be slain. Each day I will do something, regardless of how small that enhances my life and those around me.

A job is unimportant. The quality of life is not.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to print this out and put it on your rear view.