Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rediscovering Myself

One of my goals for the 3-day weekend was to go through my storage unit. SIDE NOTE: Jean apparently still has my steam cleaner. I need to go pick it up this week.

I'm pretty proud of myself. I divided the goods into three piles, roughly equal.

One, stuff to throw away. This was the hardest part. I'm a huge pack rat. I'm the guy that when preparing for the final assault on the north face of Mount Everest, I'd take along those aquarium filters just in case. But I bit the bullet and made spur of the moment decisions.

Two, stuff to give away. There's tons of this stuff. I could make a killing on this if I do a yard sale, but honestly I just want to be done with it. Plus, someone could get use out of it. A year and a half ago I wish someone had something I could use that they could just give to me.

Three, stuff to keep. This was interesting. I came across tons from my sordid past. Sketches, paintings, stories, poetry, unsent love letters, received cards, letters, photos. the list goes on. I'm a pretty fascinating guy. Like the essay I wrote in college: Poe's "Inferno": Tsalal Commentary on Judeo-Christian Hell. Even I was impressed. Made me wonder, when did I stop writing? When did I stop painting? Short answer to that was when I had an accident about four years ago. But that's a cop out, and I know it. I stopped because I got caught up in my own life. That may be why I decided to start blogging. We all need that creative release. Baring one's soul. Feeling that love, that humor, that fear. Reliving those moments.

I did find some cryptic things. Odd little poems, notes, letters. Once my new comp is up and running I'll scan some in and post them for feedback, humor, or just for the hell of it.


I'm sure I'll have more to say as I return to collect more.

No comments: