Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Creepy Radio

The radio in my truck is psychic. Or empathetic. Or possessed. Or just evil.

It's something relatively new. It plays songs that amplify my mood. Whatever I'm feeling, it plays songs that directly amplify that feeling.

This is a problem.

I have control over my emotions. When I have a negative feeling I can mold it into something that empowers me.

Usually.

My radio won't let me.

Take this morning for example. Someone in a Lexus cut me off. On his cell phone (of course). Blatantly. Obviously. I have a truck, so it's not like he didn't see me. I normally get angry for 2.3 seconds, then let it go. But right as the feelings started to go away, "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine came on. Fuh. Real.

Still wanting to leave the bad place, I flipped to another station. "Last Resort" by Papa Roach.
Flip... "Get off of my Cloud" Rolling Stones.
Dammit. Flip to a pop station. "Losing Grip" by Avril Lavigne.

JEEZUS.
What CD do I have in? Can't remember. hit the button. "I Am" by Godsmack.

Holy Hell. I stabbed at the power button.

The damage was done.

I'd love to say that this was an isolated incident, but I'd be lying. Even the CDs I have always seem to queue up to the wrong song. If I put in a specific mix to make me feel a certain way, I get an error message and it spits the CD out.

It's evil, and it must be destroyed.

2 comments:

christelpistol said...

i HATE when that happens!

Tenacious B said...

If it were isolated, I'd mark it up to coincidence. But crap like this happens to me ALL THE TIME.