Caffeine-addled ramblings, rants, and random thoughts about my life in pursuit of utter awesomeness and general kickassery.


Stumblers: If anything strikes your fancy, cover up your fancy and click the "I like it!" button on your taskbar.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day, Country Style

I got the rare opportunity to take out three (count'em, three) Moms yesterday. I drove down to San Antonio and took my folks, one sister and one of her kids, and said sister's in-laws to dinner at Bill Miller's. For those of you not from the south, Bill Miller's is in all essence BBQ fast food.

Yeah.

That's my roots. Getting together for a nice dinner on plastic trays.

We sat down and played my favorite game, one I like to call, "Guess who died?" I love my parents so much, but I'm beginning to realize exactly how old they're getting. At least they're cute about it. That, plus being country folk, make for a rousing game.

Other games they like to play:

  • "Name that mystery ailment"
  • "How the government is screwing me" (My sister's Father-in-law could go pro)
  • "Who has a new relationship/is knocked up/is living in sin/is getting divorced/is seeing a [insert random ethnic group and/or religion]" (My Mom LIVES for this game)
  • "Why haven't we met ChaCha yet?"

And my personal favorite...

  • "Have you been going to church?"

I don't want to make it seem that my parents are hicks, because they aren't.

COMMA

They do play the part well.


Other than that, it was a really nice visit. I shouldn't have gone though, because ChaCha's been sick. I should have been there taking care of her. I have AWESOME bedside manner.

1 comment:

christelpistol said...

mmmmmm.... bill miller.....